Door switched pelmet lighting kit
The LD1000 is a complete door switched pelmet lighting kit suitable for cabinets with one or two doors such as wardrobes, cupboards, closets and launderettes. This kit is safe, easy to install and perfect for retro-fitting to existing cabinets.
Using a pelmet for the LED strip is a perfect fit as the space is lit without the glare of the light source. The recommended pelmet is anodized aluminium angle as LED’s emit heat when lit and the aluminium angle makes an excellent heat sink which in turn prolongs the life of the LED strip.
- 240/12VDC Power Adapter
- DC controller
- Very bright LED strip, narrow 3528, 120 LED/metre (select length)
- Rectangular reed sensor/s with adhesive backing and 2m cable (select number of doors)
- 9mm x 17mm cylindrical magnet OR 20 x 10mm rectangular magnet with adhesive backing
- 10mm drill bit guide for the cylindrical magnet. Lightdream LD1405
- Aluminium angle. Source from Bunnings, brand name Roberts, product “Multi-end” in the flooring section. Other finishes and profiles are available.
- Cable ducting. Source from Bunnings, 16 x 10 mm cable ducting in the electrical section named “Delta 16 x 10mm trunking”.
- Cut the aluminium angle section to length and drill the mounting holes for screws.
- Remove the first 10cm of the LED strip adhesive protector and attach this section of strip to the aluminium section keeping it tight up against the corner of the angle. Keep repeating this step until all of the strip has been fixed in position. Cut off any excess LED strip at the appropriate cutting point (every third LED).
- Remove the adhesive protector from the reed sensor and place in position just below the LED strip. Repeat at the opposite end of the aluminium strip for a second reed sensor.
- Screw the aluminium angle to the cabinet.
- Run the wiring back to a where the controller is positioned.
- To connect: Remove a jumper on the controller for each sensor and plug in. All five inputs of the controller must have either a jumper or a reed sensor connected.
- Plug power adapter and LED strip into the controller.
- Switch on the power and the LED strip will be lit.
- Move the magnet in and out by hand to determine the best position then install the magnet in that position on the door. For two doors, use both magnets at the same time.